Close by the warfront in Adamas stands the old church of the Holy Trinity, housing the Ecclesiastical Museum of Milos. The museum includes a large part of the centuries - old artistic heritage of Milos. It contains icons and wood - carvings echoing the financial prosperity of the island under the Venetian rule, and votive offerings of Melian migrants to Russia. The church itself, in the style designated by experts as a "cross - vaulted, three - nave basilica with a vaulted dome" is a vey interesting architectural monument. Over the centuries, it underwent over several renovations, including a major one during the Frankish rule, witch left a particularly striking mark on the architectural structure. In addition to its function as a place of worship, the church also serves as an exhibition area, displaying a large number of works from the religious artistic tradition of the island: it includes 14th c. icons, e.g. a rare one of the Cretan school representing Christ's body being taken down from the Cross, and several paintings by Emmanuel and Antonios Skordilis, the Cretan painters who started a brilliant career in Milos from 1647 onwards and created a new style in post Byzantine painting. In addition to icons there are fine examples of "epitaphios", wood - carved lecterns and icon - stands of the 17th c., a bishop's throne and iconostases of the same period, silver chalices and censers of the 18th c., gold votive offerings, such as rings, necklaces, ear - rings a.o., all attesting a high artistic level while conveying a flavour of local religious folklore.The rare architecture of this church, in combination with the sacramental items it contains, are apt to appeal to the visitors emotions, not only as tokens of Orthodox worship and tradition but also as superior works of art.